Thursday, May 1, 2008

French Vanilla Mango Pudding

Let's make something for those with a sweet tooth. French Vanilla Mango Pudding sounds interesting.
I often like to experiment with desserts since there are not many traditional Indian desserts without dairy. This one turned out great.



Ingredients

2 cup French Vanilla Silk Creamer ( vegan)
2 cup Looza mango juice ( I like this because of its thicker consistency, I bought it at Whole Foods)
3/4 cup organic pumpkin flax plus granola (I bought this cereal at Trader Joes)
2 tbsp organic sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Warm Silk creamer in a large saucepan on medium heat and add mango juice. Add granola cereal, sugar and nutmeg. Keep stirring constantly so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Bring to a boil.
Turn the stove off. This dish does not need a lot of sugar. The nutmeg in it smells wonderful.

It can be served warm or chilled. It tastes yummy both ways. I tried it.

Serves four.

Happy Cooking!

No comments: