Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Highlights: February 17, 2009

Hope everyone had an exellent President's Day HolidayWeekend.

Kareena Kapoor, the Bollywood star is the sexiest vegan according to PETA.

Airports and airlines have few vegan options, says Dynise Balcavage.

I usually carry dried Indian snacks like bhujia, chakli, and a carry on duffel bag of a loaf of bread, some Maggie Noodles packets with me while traveling. I usually make a big batch of chivda, carry dried mango slices from Trader Joe's and also stick that in the bag and buy fresh vegetables and fruits when I reach my destination.

Traveling is more fun when you are not hungry and so carrying a few crunchy munchies always helps. It also enables us to do more sightseeing and not worry about finding a place to eat with vegan options. Yes, you do have to carry a backpack, a water bottle sunscreen and sunglasses, but it is worth it.

Enjoy!

No comments: