Thursday, August 13, 2009

Restaurant Review- Loving Hut



I was at a vegan restaurant in California recently. The name of the restaurant is Loving Hut. I liked the peaceful white and light colored ambience of the place in Milpitas, CA.

The tables and cushioned chairs were pearly white and the lighting was just right. The restaurant can seat about 60 people. It boasts photos of vegetarian celebrities like Albert Einstein, Mahatma Ghandhi, Princess Diana, and Brad Pitt. Their restroom was tidy and had a real plant instead of a fake one.

Loving Hut is currently a growing International vegan restaurant, with branches in Milpitas, Palo Alto, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

I was there with my family and we decided to order the food and eat at a nearby Shoreline picnic spot.

We ordered the Pho noodle soup, Royal Noodle Bun Hue soup, Brown rice, schezwan eggplant. For beverages we tried the Vegan latte iced coffee, and Thai iced tea with soy milk. I liked the flavor, the tea is sweeter in flavor and the color was a rich orange pumpkin color and especially since the weather was hot I gulped it down before we reached the picnic area. The creamy beige latte is more suitable for grown-ups and not kids. I would order it with less ice next time though, tends to get watery too quickly with the ice cubes melting.

As we put a sheet on the plush green grass, we were ready to munch and crunch on the goodies. We kept the main course on it and relaxed. The wheat noodle soup was delicious and I ate the green bok choy and lettuce piece on the side too. The Bun Hue soup was excellent just spicy enough for my taste and I tried brown rice with it. Yummy! The mouth watering main course was not complete with the purple eggplant which added great texture to the soup. I ate it on the side as it remained juicier that way.

The sun was about to set and the golden and pink hues in the sky was perfect with our dinner.
As we finished slurping our soup and watched the sun set we looked at the dessert that was waiting for us.
We were full so decided to make room in our tummy and eat the dessert a little later.
It is good that we waited because the vegan cheese cake was out of this world. I am not a big fan of cheesecake but it was light and fluffy and not too overwhelming. The chocolate cake was a big hit and the carrot cake did wonders for me in visual appeal and delectable taste and scored the highest.
I would go to Loving Hut in a heartbeat and try their food anytime and recommend it immensely.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Seventy Two said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!
malibu wedding venues

Stuti Garg said...

Thanks for your lovely comments Seventy Two.