Monday, May 31, 2010

Garlic Dip for celery sticks and carrots

I initially thought of making a vegan based sandwich spread with garlic. Though I kept adding more ingredients just for the fun of it to see what comes up. It is a quick recipe.
I completed the recipe and kept it in the fridge. My daughter likes eating carrots as long as I remind her to get her daily salad intake, or a raw vegetable snack between meals. She saw this creamy stuff in a bowl and started dipping the baby carrots in the garlic recipe I had made. She enjoyed it because she ate more carrots than usual and was double and triple dipping the carrots. I was happy that she was eating more veggies and she was happy so a win-win for both of us.

Ingredients

2 tbsp plain 'Tofutti better than cream cheese'
6 cloves of garlic chopped fine
juice of half a lime
salt to taste
1/4 tsp chilli powder

Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix with a spoon vigorously pressing and mashing the garlic at the same time so that it blends well.
After about 7 minutes of mixing the ingredients try it as a spread on your favorite bread or a dip.
This is a versatile dish.

Comments welcome!
Enjoy!

No comments: