Sunday, December 6, 2020

Cranberry pickle

Fresh cranberries, whole red chilies, asafetida, ginger, 2 tbsp. organic white vinegar.
Gives a tart and spicy flavor, great to eat with chapati or dosa.
I always enjoy washing these globular red fruit and the deep red color brings joy to me so I end up rinsing them, for a few minutes extra even after they are clean. It uplifts my mood in the creative culinary process. During the cold month of December when the trees are bare with no leaves, these tiny red pearls of happiness remind me of the warmth of the festive season. With the pandemic most of us are indoors so why not be crafty in our cuisine.


Add vinegar after you remove the pan, from flame. It adds to the shelf life and can be stored for a month. Feel free to skip the white vinegar if it does not suit your palate.


Cranberries boost immunity and a great antioxidant. It is a colorful addition as a condiment, and adds flavor to a meal.


 

No comments: